Mudumalai Bandipur Wildlife Safari
Jungle Safari is the major activity at Mudumali and Bandipur. Plenty of wildlife such as Spotted Deer, Tiger, Leopards , Elephants , Indian Gaur , Sambar Deer, barking deer, Sloth Bear, Wild Dogs (Dholes), Monitor Lizard, Mongoose, etc may be sighted during the van safari .
Note - Wildlife sightings in National Parks is a matter of luck unlike the zoo where wild animals are under captivity and can be seen for sure .
Every morning and Evenings safari is held at the forest department of Mudumalai and Bandipur .
Distance to Safari Office
Mudumalai - 10 Km
Bandipur - 25 KM
The Road leading to the safari office runs through the jungle. There are fair chances of sighting wildlife on the way to the safari office. There is no advance booking facility for the safari. It is operated on the first come first serve basis. So make sure to reach the safari office early.
Van Safari Timing
Morning 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Evening 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Van Safari Charges
Bandipur - 300 Rs Per Head / For foreigners - Rs. 1200 per person
Mudumalai - 135 Rs Per Head
Elephant Safari is occasionally available at Mudumalai. Advance booking to be made at Ooty Wildlife Warden office.
Tips for an Exciting and Safe Jungle Safari Tour
A jungle safari is exciting and thrilling with a great experience of wildlife along with the beauty of nature. The calm and serene environment away from the hustle and bustle of the city makes anyone feels refreshed and rejuvenated. The lush surroundings, chirping birds along with amazing waterscapes entice anyone for a jungle safari.
Dos and don’ts on a Safari
Safari is surely a wonderful experience but also comes with a huge responsibility of conducting ourselves in the right way. Here are a few dos and don’ts during a jungle safari to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.
- Outfit: Make sure you wear clothing with soothing colours covering your hands and feet fully. Bright colored clothes attract animals, while bare hands and feet may lead to allergies and insect bites.
- Be composed: Talking loudly, screaming or shouting disturbs animals and hence it is necessary to tread silently in the jungle.
- Bag pack: Make sure you pack only necessary items like sunscreen, lotions, hat, raincoats etc. along with a medical kit for emergency.
- Photography: Carry a camera to capture beautiful sceneries of the jungle and the amazing wildlife you come across.
- Eatables: Carrying eatables and sufficient drinking water along the safari is most essential.
- Company: Always travel on a safari with a group or with a professional guide. Avoid straying and stick to the group for safety.
- Never litter the place with plastic bottles, eatables and other items which you carry. Always ensure to keep the surroundings clean.
- It is best not to take small children or babies during safari as they are difficult to manage and may disturb the animals there.
- Never use cellphones during a jungle safari as they can disturb the animals and even annoy them.
- Feeding animals or trying to get their attention by any other means calls for danger and hence it is best to enjoy seeing them at a distance.